Thank you, Pascal!

> [PT>] True, so we never reach 9 and stay compatible with OF0. I guess the max
> ETX of 3 is arbitrary, we could have gone up to 11/3...

OK! That is what I understood. It's very clear now.

> The initial value of I (see RFC 6206) is between Imin and Imax. With the
> default, that is between 8ms and 2.3 hours. Hopefully I is not always 8ms!
> The DIO will not fire before I/2.

Regarding the Trickle timer, yes, the initial value of "I" is chosen between
Imin and Imax. And it's not always 8ms.

But, "I" is reset to Imin (8 ms) when Trickle hears something "inconsistent".
After that, "I" will be just doubled at the end of interval: 16ms, 32ms, 64ms,
... This could pile up DIOs in the TX queue and consume bandwidth for nothing.
:-/

Best,
Yatch