Couldn't have said it better myself.  I have always liked Debian in theory,
just practice never seemed to gel.   Too much information that wasn't
straight forward.  Ubuntu combines the community of Gentoo, with the ease of
use and stability of Debian.

I've also always liked SuSE best of all the RPM based systems.  The new novell
desktop demos I've seen look like it is going to ROCK!!  I'm sure it'll be
ported over though ;)

-joel