On Tuesday 03 July 2007 11:39 am, Roger E. Rustad, Jr. wrote:

> Anyone else here used the CentOSplus repository? (Jeff?  Chris?)
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/Readme.txt

Not me.  While most people think of me as some kind of lazy sun of a
seacook who just loves RPM and Yellow Dog Updater Modified, in real
life we actually compile just about everything a webhosting computer
uses; a semi-propriety project called, of all things "customapache"
though it automates updating of a lot more that just apache.

Welcome to my world:
http://www.google.com/search?q=customapache

> I'm about to upgrade PHP 4 to PHP 5 on a CentOS 4.5 box and was
> curious if anyone had any problems before doing so (it's a dev/test
> box, so not the end of the world if something bad happens).

Nope, we do it all the time for clients.  See "customapache" (above
<smile>).

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517