On May 1, 2008, at 9:12 PM, Federico G. Benavento wrote:

Put it this way: It's unwise to make program structure depend on
invisible characters.

a white space is something hard to find, some time ago I helped a friend
who couldn't get a mkfile working, he got something like:
"mk: mkfile:6: syntax error; expected one of :<="
all due to a ' ' in what was supposed to be an empty line.

Federico G. Benavento

Another thing: lines with only whitespace are naturally ignored (as far as I know - I am human) and don't break the block structure.

The space in an empty line should be a bug, right?