* Bruce Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> There was also the Inferno Audio File format which was rather fb
> like.The file began with text lines describing the stuff and then
> after a\n\n the rest was data.

Interesting idea.
We could also use something like HTTP or mail headers - easy to
understand for many people :)

Maybe an advanced audio server could even directly understand
mimetypes ? ,-O

BTW: some weeks ago, I started hacking on an 9P'ed pulseaudio.
It will be configurable completely via 9P and also support
audio I/O via 9P. But I'm still looking for a suitable interface.

The audio interface should be capable of completely replacing
other common interfaces (in GNU world), so eg. understand
all hw-supported formats, realtime-capable, etc.

Once this works, I intend to rewrite certain client libs for
other audio servers (pulse, esd, arts, ...) to go through
that new 9P interface.

Suggestions appreciated :)

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   skype: nekrad666