(In the opposite style to usual, this was meant to go to the list, not private :)

i didn't want to sound over-confident.  but vblade
is very simple; i don't see how it could have data-loosing
bugs.
I can't even remember how I made it blue-screen but I managed it a
couple of times. I think one time was returning the string "hello" to
whatever read requests were made :>

what are you doing with (to) vblade?
Trying to do something interesting enough to write a paper for IWP,
I'll get into detail when it works

snoopy's your friend.  you can test just by killing vblade
and watching the packets go by.
Wireshark's pretty good too. It even knows how to decode 9p streams.

good deal.  about a year after i wrote vblade, i used it
for a couple of months while i saved up for a stand-alone
aoe target.
:> I'm hoping to get a decent bit of kit together for the office here. I
already boot the Linux terminals from AOE, hope to soon add the Windows
machine.
I built a Plan 9 installer iso that includes aoe & fs as a target but I
haven't managed to get a working Plan 9 system out of it yet - I got a
bit side-tracked :)

In the Linux world kvlade looks the way to go for performance but it
didn't work on AMD64 when I tried it. I guess the Coraid boxes make Plan
9 go fast enough so I just need to stop worrying about it.