Pietro Gagliardi schrieb:
> All right, let's stop this now. I had just waken up and was a bit
> tired when I wrote that. But I had a reason: you did not answer the
> question of why the system didn't have an 8c.
>
> sorry.

I have checked the original mail of qwery9q:
"However, once installed tried running cc but that did not result in it
being found (nor 8c etc). "

So I must say my response was not targeted that good. But I lent help
with Plan 9 a couple of times in the last weeks and the ""cc question"
is obvious, so that I react with a refelexive answer just seeing the "cc
question". Sorry.

Just to make clear, I am not a Plan 9 expert, but well, an answer of a
simple minded user like me might be:
No there is no additional download necessary. I did about a dozen
installations in the last weeks and never found such a curiosity of a
running system missing the c compiler. Just to check, I also tried a
live Plan 9 and found the c compiler there as well. Please check at the
prompt % again.

Kind regards

BB