Hi Frederico,

Thanks for the response!

On 24 Sep 2008, at 02:03, Federico G. Benavento wrote:
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...so I thought I'd upgrade to the latest and greatest Fusion release, but
things are even worse.

If I boot from the iso, and select option '2' for the livecd option and taking the defaults of ps2 mouse, 640x480x8 resolution and xga monitor, I
get the following error messages:

aux/vga: vgactlw: <linear 0x3e80000 0x0>: unknown vmware id 0740
rio: can't open display: initdisplay /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
init: rc exit status: rio 9: display open

And then the boot sequence starts /bin/rc, and I get a 'term%' prompt.

Is this also related to bit rotted vmware drivers?

try "vesa" for monitor and play with different resolutions
"aux/vga -m vesa -p" should give you some info.

Using "vesa" for monitor along with all of the resolutions I tried actually hangs (i.e. I don't even get a text-mode term% prompt), as does "aux/ vga -m vesa -p"
if I type it at the text mode prompt.

Cheers,
        Gary
--
Email me:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          ._(()
Read my blog:      http://blog.azazil.net                 \' )