On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:31 -0700, Russ Cox wrote:
> > it appears that I'm missing something fundamental in how
> > 9pfuse (the one written by Russ) works when it is given
> > "-" as an address. The source looks like it should be
> > simply using stdin for R/W instead of dialing out the
> > connection first, but it doesn't really seem to work.
> > Here's the simplest way of reproducing what I'm
> > seeing:
>
> I don't know why your example doesn't work, but ramfs
> simply may not work with 9pfuse.

Any particular reason for that? I'm asking simply because
ramfs appears to be quite broken on my system. In fact,
I can't make it work at all. Has it bitrotted?

> I would try doing something
> a little more complicated, like dial tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com!9fs
> and then run 9pfuse - with that on standard input.

That, actually, seems to work fine. Although I'm about
to give it more stress testing. Here's a question thought:
by default 9pserve only listens on an AF_UNIX socket what
would be the best way to connect it to the AF_INET one?

Thanks,
Roman.