On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:48 +0000, Brian L. Stuart wrote:

> > > If proc n needs to know about this design, then could
> > > you just always direct the notes to the "thief?"  Or
> > > if the thief were a little file server, could you bind
> > > the file he listens to on top of /proc/n/note?
> >
> > the kernel would not notice this binding.
>
> Oh yeah--good point.  Before walk got down to it devproc
> would be in control and not care about the binding.
> I suppose you could do a sort of "note environment"
> where the server would interpose itself between apps
> and /proc sort of like how rio sits between apps
> and /dev/draw, etc.  But that's getting complicated
> and there might be something there too that I'm
> overlooking.

For the kind of thing I need it for -- the kernel sending
a note is not that big of a deal. Another process sending
a note over a /proc/weird-number/notepg is. How to
bind what I need over every potential notepg is absolutely
not clear. Although in this particular situation file-based
binding might be exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Roman.