* Roman V. Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> P.S. On a similar note I'd like to add that the requirement outlined
> above seem to be quite typical in today's world. See, on one hand new
> kind of resources (take flickr or youtube as an example) are very

Actually, I've got flickr-9P on my 2do-list (but still lacking time
for it yet). And my media hosting platform will also get an 9P interface.

> Not an impossible thing to articulate (as some of the responses I've
> got to my earlier question indicated -- thank you guys!) but a difficult
> one. Why? Well, because the next question you get from the maintainers
> is: who can import our resources using 9P on the client side?

Perhaps someone should sit down and write an win32 driver for it ;-)
Linux has 9P support, BSD too (IMHO). And also some common userland
apps like Midnight Commander (not in mainline yet, but that's coming).

> I wish 9p:// URL worked out of the box in Firefox, but it doesn't.

I've did some pieces for Seamonkey. (but not stable yet).

> It is also not supported by JDK & C#.

That's under way, feel free to jump on the train :)
Maybe, once I've got jmixp up and running, I'll port it to flex ;-o

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   skype: nekrad666