To clarify Rob's point, the phrase "moral equivalence" comes with some
pretty hefty baggage. In modern usage it's primarily a right wing
term, used to derogatorily refer to leftist arguments. "Morally
equivalent" arguments typically assert that pro-western groups have
selfish(typically economic) motivations when acting(e.g. the wars in
Vietnam and Iraq).

Does that help?

Noah