Hello,

why do I get, running rc in linux (plan9port)

-----------------------------
; sam -d outit
 -. outit
$-/FERMI/+-
  FERMI LEVEL= 0.01     ITER= 70
-----------------------------

while

-----------------------------
; sam -d outit <<EOF
$-/FERMI/+-
EOF
 -. outit
  FERMI LEVEL= 0.07     ITER= 1
-----------------------------

that is, the second way finds the 1st occurence in the file while I
want the last one (as in the first case)?!
In Plan9 it works the same in both cases!

Thanks
Ruda

P.S.: Is there anything more intelligent than 'vt' for connecting to a
linux machine? I can't use a mouse in vt, window size change doesn't
propagate, sometimes I loose what was in the window... Simply, the
work with 'vt' (I 1st run 'vt' and then ssh to my linux machine; note
that I really need to run commands there) is very clumsy.