On Dec 24, 2008, at 10:40 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
Is there any preferred way to get changelogs / diffs these days?

yesterday -d ...
when i'm especially curious or anxious.

But yesterday won't work in a more lightweight environment (such as
9vx) will it?

exactly the same as plan 9 does.

as long as the fs supports a dump fs, 9vx will support yesterday.

True. But not having an fs that supports dump is exactly what makes
9vx a lighter weight environment (unless I'm grossly mistaken and
#Z in 9vx actually has a way of supporting dump).

for example, i've been mounting my diskless fs with 9vx.  yesterday
works just fine.  i'm sure you could use a linux-based venti with
plan 9-based fossil as well.

True, but I'd really like to NOT have any extra software running and
still have and ability to do replica/* and yesterday under 9vx.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Roman.