2009/2/1 Mathieu <lejat...@gmail.com>:
>> > As I naively see it, the two main problems are:
>> > 1) to have 9vx running a cpu server kernel instead of a stand alone
>> > terminal one (I don't even know if that's the case actually).
>>
>> i think there would be a little work in getting this going.
>
> Ok, so it's possible then. :)
> I'll see if I can understand the 9vx code and have a go at that.
>
>> > 2) to have the host forwarding whatever packets should go to 9vx.
>>
>> is this enough?
>>
>> http://9fans.net/archive/2008/12/501
>> http://9fans.net/archive/2008/12/505
>
> Hmm I'm not sure, do these modifications imply that the Linux/FreeBSD
> host can "see" 9vx as another host? Hence making it possible to NAT the
> relevant traffic to it?
> If yes, then that's indeed what I'm after, thx.

You add an IP address to your system; with the changes, 9vx creates a
virtual network device. You assign the IP address to the 9vx virtual
network interface and it does the right thing. It isn't NAT, it's
passive traffic listening / injecting. I still have some work to do to
get the tap driver running, but it's been on the back burner.

--dho