With today's amount of storage the probability of a collision is too
low for that to happen.
I read that in the Venti paper[1].
I would not consider them UUIDs though, since the same data blocks
will have the same sha-1 hash on both servers.
If that doesn't cause a problem you're fine

[1] http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/venti/venti.pdf