Usb code does not handle hot plugging.

If you happen to have uhci I can help u off list.

El 01/03/2009, a las 14:29, mad...@phantomware.ca escribió:

Folks:

I am using usb/kb to provide support for my keyboard & mouse which are
plugged into a KVM. They both seem to work well enough. I still have
to use a PS/2 keyboard to input the mount point & user but at least
things start working when rio is available and I can do the "usb/kb"
thing.

My problem is when I switch to another machine and then come back to
my plan9 installation: the keyboard keeps working but the mouse stops
responding to all input.

I also get the following error when this happens:

usb/kb: mouse: read: usb endpoint stalled

Does anyone know how if it is possible to make the mouse portion of
usb/kb somewhat more resiliant to disappearing/reappearing? I would
have hoped that this were possible seeing as how it's USB.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
-- "If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization." - anon

[/mail/box/nemo/msgs/200903/35198]