I was poking around for what it would take to get there. I found
this[1]. I am basically looking to have a way to do routing using Plan
9. You can already do that on any standard Linux using Quagga[2] based
on GNU Zebra.

Maybe there is a filesystem that exposes the kernel routing table to
user space for certain routing algorithm scripts to hack upon?

My objective is to be able to implement a new routing protocol on a
router created using a standard computer with multiple NIC cards,
maybe on a model P2P type network? I also would love to see what
having /net on a router would enable us to do.

Has anyone any experience with using Plan 9 on routers?

--
Rahul Murmuria

[1]
http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid39_gci1102834,00.html