hello,

I'm a undergrade CS student doing a project for my introductory
operating systems class. my team wants to write a simple shell from
scratch.

one idea we have found so far is the following. the shell will record
all the programs it has run. whenever a program goes awry and is
killed by the kernel. the shell will reload it.

what do you think of it?

also, we know there are many many shells out there. and our professor
would not like us to write from scratch. we wanted because it provides
much exercise. but we certainly don't know about all the shells out
there.

so I'm writing to get your opinions. maybe there are thing that people
implement themselves but want included in the shell itself? or just
something they want implemented?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.