> so I'm writing to get your opinions. maybe there are thing that people
> implement themselves but want included in the shell itself? or just
> something they want implemented?

What I most often miss in shell programming is a proper type system.
Bourne basically only has strings.  Rc improves matters slightly with
lists of strings.  It's still not enough for me.  I make a lot of
mistakes in shell programming and strict type checking would catch
most of them.  I'm not sure I would use a strictly typed shell
exclusively, but I would certainly like to have it available.

--
John Stalker
School of Mathematics