> See exec(2):
>           For a file beginning #!, the arguments passed to the program
>           (/bin/rc in the example above) will be the name of the file
>           being executed, any arguments on the #! line, the name of
>           the file again, and finally the second and subsequent argu-
>           ments given to the original exec call.  The result honors
>           the two conventions of a program accepting as argument a
>           file to be interpreted and argv[0] naming the file being
>           executed.

I always seem to expect a subtly different behaviour from what I get.
In this case, I note now that NetBSD behaves exactly the same, but I
only considered trying it out after you've made me read that passage
for the sixteenth time.  I guess I always read in it what I was hoping
to find.

I guess that means I have nothing to fix.  Not only, but any
extensions I was hoping for are shown to be utterly impractical :-(

Let me go back to ELF...

++L