On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Sergey Zhilkin <szhil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Look at - http://9fans.net/archive/2008/10/304
>
> Plan9 hardware support is limited to those that plan9 users have.

Well, now there's a Plan 9 user with Atheros 5K.

I suppose I could try to port ath5k myself.

I had some experience many years ago programming and debugging in
machine language, assembly language, Fortran, COBOL, dBase and
VisualBasic. I've never even looked at a C source, or even compiled
any. In all the time I've been using free software systems, I've only
used gui installers and updaters. Does anyone have any guesses about
how many hours it might take for me to learn to port ath5k to Plan 9?

I might need to study and experiment with some ath5k Linux and BSD
sources, and study some Plan 9 sources for wireless cards. If I got
something working, I might write to the authors of the sources to get
their ideas about the license issue.