2009/6/8 Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.syk...@gmail.com>:
> The very question for me now is: why it behaves how it behaves, i.e
> why newlines (if it's them) are problematic.
>
> Ruda

They are the only way Edit has to separate commands. You will notice
that you cannot use something like i/A/a/W/ (or i/A/;a/W/, for
example). However, you can chord something like
i/A/
a/W/
When you chord your example, acme calls rc with: rc -c 'awk '', so it
does not work. rc is who interprets those multiple-line commands. You
could use rc functions if that makes you feel better than with plain
files, just remember to prepend the function name with a semi-colon,
to force rc to interpret the command. At least that is how I remember
it, please somebody correct me if I am wrong.

--
- yiyus || JGL .