Hi John,

it took me sometime to go through the old backups but it seems
that the NFS setup is gone by now. You can still ask questions,
if you want to, but I won't be able to send you all the working
conf. files.

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 11:34 -0700, John Floren wrote:
> I'd like to use the 9p mounting available in Linux, but it doesn't
> seem to work in this case.
> I try "mount -t 9p glenda /mnt" (glenda is my cpu/file server) and get:
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on glenda,
>        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>        (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
>        need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so
>
> If I do "mount -t 9p 192.168.18.180 /mnt", using the file server IP, I just
> get
> mount: permission denied
> But dmesg shows "[88617.144804] p9_errstr2errno: server reported
> unknown error cannot attach as none before authentication", ONLY when
> I use the IP address--nothing appears when I use the /etc/hosts alias
> "glenda".
>
> What am I missing?

I have very little experience working with the in-kernel support for
9P. Somehow 9P and being a superuser feel mutually exclusive to me.
Thus, I can only recommend 9pfuse. It worked quite well for the limited
application I needed it for.

Thanks,
Roman.