Indeed, this works for me as well.
I've just migrated the arenas, bloom and isect to another machine with
a p9p tree from mid February and I had no problem unvacing my data
there. And for what it's worth, checkindex on that machine didn't report
any problem while it did on the machine with the recent p9p install
(which gives me the same vac/unvac issues as the ones already reported
by a few people).
So the data seems to be ok, which is already quite a relief.

Cheers,
Mathieu
--- Begin Message ---

This is not much of a solution to the problem,

however I have temporarily resolved my issue

by performing vac/unvac using my p9p tree

from mid-March, and then resorting to the

latest p9p for vacfs/9pfuse in order to mount

my archives.

For those researching the issue, I think some

change between the middle of March and now

is causing the inability of vac to write to a

venti archive on p9p with the error:

create bsize 8192 psize 8160vac: vacfscreate: vacfileroot: read too small:
asked for 0 need at least 389

Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9660826

--- End Message ---