> I've wondered if there's enough context information
> that the fs driver could "fake" per-process mount points
> directly.

A totally uneducated shot in the dark: would having a userspace
"mount" command that creates a private namespace (vaguely what you
describe in your note) not be a good starting point?  I'd use /ns
rather than /n as the root, but that's really a small thing.

Unfortunately, I have no idea (yet) of the machinery provided by Linux
to construct private namespaces.  And I am not aware of any equivalent
work in the NetBSD world.

++L