Hi all,

As a professional user I think that Plan9 could be better than *nix for a
large class of industrial - not time critical - applications but in Italy nobody use it, except of no more than a dozen of fans. The University doesn't know it at all. Of course, this is what I see. I would be happy if the picture were different.

Speaking with my clients I see that almost all appreciate Plan9. But, even if some of them defined it "fascinating", the common sense is that, without guarantees about
its longevity, it could be a wrong choice.

How can I reply to this objection ?

Reading the thread about plan9.bell-lab.com I understand that Bell Labs
are no more directly committed in the project. Is it correct ?

Adriano