> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Akshat
> Kumar<aku...@mail.nanosouffle.net> wrote:
> > The idea seems inviting at first, but have you
> > given a thought to using plumber(4) for
> > "interprocess messaging" (which is what you
> > want, from what I understand)? This seems
> > more appropriate for communication amongst
> > processes alien to one another than something
> > so code-level like a chan extension.
>
> Acme does this.

the plumber is pretty far from a channel.  a channel
has one input and one output.  the plumber has
one input and many ouputs and uses a dynamic
ruleset to route messages.

let's not confuse them.

however, the fact that plumber implements a fs
and the import(4) and cpu(1) illustrates how one
could use a pipe to build a inter-machine chan-like
mechanism.  i say chan-like because this ignores
data marshalling.