> /rc/bin/termrc
> /rc/bin/termrc.local
> /cfg/$sysname/termrc

> ... but which would be considered the most logical place to deal with
> things such as setting hd parameters for the machine on bootup like
> the 'echo dma on > /dev/sdC0/ctl' example above?

In /cfg/$sysname/termrc, because you might not want it for every
machine you run.

> What's the conventional wisdom regarding which of those scripts
> are used for what purposes? i.e., when to prefer one over the

Roughly speaking:

/rc/bin/termrc - applies to all Plan 9 terminals everywhere
/rc/bin/termrc.local - applies to all terminals on your network
/cfg/$sysname/termrc - applies to one particular terminal

> ( by the way, what to do when I find errors in the man pages? .e.g., in
> the interest of correcting them upstream )

Submit a patch(1).

> Ok, so I may simply generally disregard any mention of kfs in any docs or
> scripts and config files I might happen upon?

Yes, if you have only fossil installed.