On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:39:46 +0100
Charles Forsyth <fors...@terzarima.net> wrote:

> >the unicode proposal says that matches depend on (re, locale, input).
> >not just (re, input).  i would think that is not acceptable.
>
> it's not just the unicode people. shell file name matching takes locale into
> account
> which often makes it case-independent (even with case-dependent
> file systems). i hate them all.

You've got me wondering why anyone would want case-sensitive filename
matching. I don't understand what could be worth the regular irritation
I experience at having to get the case exactly right.

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

Those who are slower at parsing information must
necessarily be faster at problem-solving.