On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM, David Leimbach<leim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/09, erik quanstrom <quans...@coraid.com> wrote:
>>> we don't use te*xt for 9p, do we?
>>
>> the difference being, 9p is the transport not
>> the representation of the data and 9p has
>> a fixed set of messages.
>>

> Also 9p aims at file systems pretty obviously where Thirft is a
> generic RPC mechanism with stub compilers for bindings for several
> languages.
>
> I have not been able to convince coworkers that filesystem namespaces
> are the way to go.  I think they think it is too hard.
>
> *shrug*  you can lead a horse...

Funny, the problem I usually have is that people think file systems
are *too simple*, oh, no data types other than *byte stream* and
*drectory*, and no type checking! We are all going to die!

People seem to have trouble believing something simple can do a job
that they have convinced themselves needs to be very complicated.

uriel