> I also tried booting from Erik's atom iso, but don't get very far. eg:
> PBS1
> Plan 9 from Bell Labs
> ELCR: 0CA0
> pcirouting: south bridge 10de, 0260 not found
> aoepnp(<nil>)
> found 11 e820 entries
> Boot devices: fd0 fd1
> boot from:
>
> It doesn't detect IDE controller, so no local disk/CD-ROM to boot from.

sorry.

i did turn off probing legacy ports unless a recognized
pci device was found.  this was paranoia on my part.  (i hope.)
just trying to get past our sata drives with ide programming interface
problem.  i've turned blind probing back on and will put out a new iso
shortly.  i've also added jmicron ide.

> North Bridge: NVIDIA C51MV
> South Bridge: MCP51 - ignored

this is okay.

> NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 graphics - works fine with 1024x768x16 VESA

using the native nvidia driver is proablly a better idea.

> NVIDIA MCP51 ethernet controller - not detected

there's no forcedeth support for plan 9.  sorry

> NVIDIA MCP51 PATA controller - buggy? see below...

the controller should be just fine.  i used to have an
nvidia controller and it worked just fine until it was
taken out by an electricial storm.

ati and intel chipsets tend to have the best support.