Venkatesh Srinivas wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:54 AM, hiro<23h...@googlemail.com> wrote:
perhaps we should try to boot plan 9 from a linux kernel? Sounds great to me...

this probably makes me a troll...

I hear ron minnich did that with his lguest port. Does that make him a troll?

-- vs

yes, he got us interested in something vicariously and then cast it aside :)

What you gonna do when MS knocks on the door for their FAT patent license fee

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/02/microsoft-sues-tomtom-over-fat-patents-in-linux-based-device.ars

though maybe the inability to do fat32 will save you.

Editing plan9.ini on dos has saved me more than once, but back when I was using a floppy (a BSDi labelled one at that) and its small size has also hurt me before now too.

I like the sound of the sector 1 idea, I'm sure making a tool to r/w it in Linux / whatever can't be hard.