On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:32:53 BST Eris Discordia <eris.discor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Although, you may be better off reading SICP "as intended," and use MIT
> Scheme on either Windows or a *NIX. The book (and the freaking language) is
> already hard/unusual enough for one to not want to get confused by
> implementation quirks. (Kill the paren!)

The second edition of SICP uses IEEE Scheme (basically R4RS
Scheme) and pretty much every Scheme implementation supports
R4RS -- s9fes from http://www.t3x.org/s9fes/ certainly
supports it.  It doesn't support rational or complex numbers
but as I recall no example in SICP relies on those.

Killing parens won't make you an adult :-)