You don't need to do anything special for BIND to slave from your
Plan9 master. I have a BIND slaving from a Plan 9 master without any
issues.

On the Plan 9 master, start ndb/dns with the -n flag, and add dnsslave
entries to /lib/ndb/local for each of your slave hosts.  Here are the
relevant entries from my /lib/ndb/local.  Gandalf is the Plan 9 DNS
master, legolas is the BIND slave.

dom=yyc.orthanc.ca soa=
        refresh=3600 ttl=14400
        ns=gandalf.yyc.orthanc.ca
        ns=legolas.yyc.orthanc.ca
        mbox=lyn...@orthanc.ca
        dnsslave=legolas.yyc.orthanc.ca

dom=0.168.192.in-addr.arpa soa=
        refresh=3600 ttl=3600
        ns=gandalf.yyc.orthanc.ca
        ns=legolas.yyc.orthanc.ca
        mbox=lyn...@orthanc.ca
        dnsslave=legolas.yyc.orthanc.ca

Also, make sure /rc/bin/service/tcp53 is enabled on the DNS master
host and that the slave can get a connection to it; the slave needs
a TCP connection to the master to do the zone transfer.

--lyndon