> it would be neat if the plumber and thus auth/fgui could be pressed
> into service for entering the pairing PIN.

I don't quite see the connection between plumber and fgui - doesn't
fgui just read directly from /mnt/factotum/needkey?

At present there's a needkey-like mechanism for PINs - the equivalent
of fgui is this simple rc loop:

        while (bd=`{read </net/bt/pinreq}) {
                echo -n enter PIN for device `{grep $bd /net/bt/devices} ' : '
                pin=`{read}
                ~ $pin '' || echo pin $bd $pin >/net/bt/ctl
        }

But now you mention it, using the plumber seems a good idea, so we
could pop up a new window to ask for a PIN when needed.