W B Hacker wrote:
Lyndon Nerenberg - VE6BBM/VE7TFX wrote:
Is anyone working on Unichrome vga support?

Besides Unichrome, which CPU, RAM, MB & ~bridge chips are you trying to use it with?

ISTR having it up on a VIA C3 ~ 700 MHz, 1 GB SDRAM with embedded Unichrome onboard about 2+ years ago..

And the CD still here boots fine on a Pentium-M Lenovo laptop.

However - it will not boot on a newer VIA C6 1.5 GHz 2 GB DDR2 RAM, also with (newer) embedded unichrome on-board.

I suspect the VIA ~bridge chipset is not au fait with getting Plan9 to the CDR.

NB: XCPU live CD is happy - but that isn't booting a Plan9 - just hosting it on Fedora.

Bill Hacker

Scratch that - it should boot IF the CDR is the 'zeroth' device.

Mine is not, and I am too tired to open the case and mess with it.

BTW - 9 renders very cleanly on the Lenovo at a manually-entered 1280x800x16 using the onboard Wintel 945GM/GMS/GME graphics controller, ergo I presume 9 is in VESA mode.

The Unichrome has always been comfortable with VESA under other OS'en that don't have a bespoke S3 driver handy, so unless you are looking for a bespoke, accelerated driver....

Bill