On Jan 8, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Jorden Mauro <jrm8...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Patrick Kelly <kameo76...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Jan 5, 2010, at 6:52 AM, Enrico Weigelt <weig...@metux.de> wrote:

* Jorden Mauro <jrm8...@gmail.com> wrote:

The coffee pot runs windows and there is a virus that causes Coffee
Denial of Service on it.

That, of course, would be the very most worstcase that can ever happen ;-)

I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to put an 80x86 in a coffee machine. Yes you could run WinCE, but without the 80x86 your not going to suffer from
the hoards of virus's.

You have too much faith in humanity. It runs on a Via x86 clone:
Yes I do... *cringes in fear*

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2009/jan09/01-09cesfugoo.mspx

The article doesn't mention which flavor of Windows, but I don't think
WinCE runs on x86, does it?
Not sure, it might though.

I'd like to see the day someone gets Linux or NetBSD booting on a coffee
machine.

Seconded.

cu
--

phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
mobile: +49 174 7066481   icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666