On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:18 PM, ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:12 AM,  <ge...@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:
I don't have enough experience with VirtualBox to make a sensible
comparison.

I had a horrible time with virtual box and Plan 9.

Did not work at all well. I would avoid it.

The thing that none of the VM monitors seem to offer (though I'd love
to be proven wrong) is debugging tools for the guest operating
systems.

Ah, but i wonder if the commercial guys have been "requested" by
microsoft not to make such debugging easy. Seems like it would be an
ideal way to learn things they don't want you to know...

Visual studios debugger gives a decent amount of information, although its obfuscated...

ron