> I am using the floppy only for testing plan9.ini parameters.
> This should be possible with qemu or other emulators too. Later
> I will use an IDE disk or IDE flash disk (I would prefer the
> second).
> So I am not sure whether it makes sense to spend time to make this
> possible. I can live wíthout the floppy support.
>
> I would like to ask where are the differences between the original
> Ken fileserver and your modifications? Many documents in the web
> seems
> to be made for the original fileserver. So it would be helpfull for
> me to know the differences.

i'm not sure why you are doing it this way.  typically one puts the
plan9.ini right on the hard drive with everything else.  i added
support for the partitions that plan 9 supports to ken fs.  this is
important when sharing aoe equipment.  so it would be easy to
create a 9fat partition with your plan9.ini and other files.  for
example here is the configuration i had for a testing fileserver
on a soekris box.  i had partitioned h0 as usual for a plan 9
cpu server with a 10mb 9fat.

- erik
-----
[menu]