On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM, John Floren <slawmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone here successfully set up nfsserver to share Plan 9 files
> with Unix machines? The examples given in the man pages are rather...
> opaque. All I want to do is share one directory tree (/lib/music, in
> particular) with a number of independent Linux laptops and
> workstations.
>
> I'm looking into NFS because it seems that it has about the lowest
> barrier to entry of all the possible file-sharing methods. Any other
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> John

Hi John

I was wondering what happend to your attempt in setting up the
nfsserver? I am also trying to get it up because my client is using
openbsd and It doesnt have 9pfuse or v9fs support.

>From all the replies I seem to get a general idea of what needs to be done

I did this @the server
% aux/nfsserver -a tcp!thinktank -c /lib/ndb/nfs
% aux/pcnfsd
% aux/portmapper

@client
# mount -o soft,intr thinktank:thinktank /mnt/nfs
NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

in /sys/log/nfs
thinktank Feb 13 07:07:05 get port
thinktank Feb 13 07:07:32 get port

It seems like I maybe having authentication issue, but not
partifularly sure where to check.
man nfsserver seems to indicate that the client should have a static
ip address is this correct?

the client are using dhcp to configure there ip. I am trying to add
static aliases to clients to see if will work, but wanted to check
everyone else's thought.

--
http://www.fernski.com