On 03/04/2010 11:42 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:

>> 2) Add support for more SATA/AHCI controlers; I have:
>>
> [...]
>> 00:05.0 SATA controller [0106]: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] AHCI
>> IDE Controller (0106) [1039:1185] (rev 03)
>>
>> is seems to be supported by the 9load and, or kernel, but I could not
>> install neither the plan9 not 9atom on this drive; none of the IDE/AHCI
>> mode worked, whereas Linux, FreeBSD and Windows-7 are working fine in
>> AHCI mode.
>
> should be supported by sdiahci.c already, at least the 9atom
> version of it.
>
> if you have a specific failure report, i'd like to hear it.

Well, 9atom did the trick this time, though the installer could not
mount the same medium (/dev/sdE1/data) from which it was booted off :(

The cdrecord/cdrtools 2.01.01a76-1 puked an error related to start
sector, but it burned the disk, which used for boot 9atom.

So I copied the iso image to a dos partition on /dev/sdE0, also needed
to rename it to plan9.iso, because installer does not recognize the
9atom.iso

Everything during the install worked fine, except for a lot of errors
related to some invalid uids on the iso.

Anyway, thanks lot for the great work; all Debian/XEN-dom0, Windows-7,
FreeBSD, Plan9 and Ubuntu desktop are working fine in AHCI mode now :)

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman        Registered Linux User: #229709
Anu'z li...@home (Unix Shoppe)        Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192