> I have it booting now. I did a disk/format using the 9load from
> the cdboot image, and the 9pcf kernel from the iso.
> Now i'm getting messages about caught missed ide interrupts. . .
> and this slows down disk operations a lot,  i guess first fossil dump
> to venti  will take ages. now i'm stuck at version...time line. . . .i'll
> try if enabling dma could solve anything, but not sure when i will
> be able to access the console. . .
> can i enable dma from the plan9.ini?

sorry about the "missed ide interrupts" botch.  it seemed better
than not booting at all.

you can set "*sdXXdma=on" in your plan9.ini.  but i don't think
that's the real problem.

i'd guess that your southbridge isn't in the list of routable southbridges
and needs to be added.  but in addition, i would do the following

1.  remove the "*nomp=1" line from plan9.ini
2.  switch to ahci mode.  (assuming this is indeed a sata drive
that is connected to the ich sata ports and not some marvell
or sis addon chip.)
3.  send your pci output offline.