I have not tried serving srv records fromplan9 but i do host my
domain (quintile.net) from plan9, and I do use plan9 in a domain
served by AD at work.

I (with some help from geoff) wrote zonefresh which sucks up a domain
(using axfr) and spits it out as an ndb file. This could be useful to
check that you are serving what you think you are.

I use this to keep a local copy of my work AD DNS which I find easier
to debug when problems arise. If you have a real AD server which you are
trying to replace this could automate the process a little.

Contact me off-list if you want to specifics.

-Steve