This afternoon I downloaded a trial version of VM Fusion (Version
3.0.2 (232708)) and a fresh plan9.iso.bz2 and installed it on my core
2 due macbook running OS X Leopard (Version 10.5.8).

It works quite nicely, graphics and networking are both working. The
only things that tripped me up were I had to delete the IDE emulating
hard disk image and create a SCSI emulating before installation and
choose xga instead of the usual vesa for the screen.

I have had parallels working on several occasions in the past but a
recent attempt to get it working again failed. I couldn't even get it
to boot the installer.

James