> If I thought people would actually come, I would see if I could organize
> something in Ouray Colorado.

Do you live in that neck of the woods?

> It is about 300 miles north of Albuquerque
> in the San Juan Mountains.  You get there by first flying to Denver,
> Phoenix, or Albuquerque, then catching a puddle-hopper to Montrose and
> then renting a car or catching a shuttle to go the remaining 35 miles to
> Ouray.  I think it fails the "transport hub" test but it would be
> equally
> inconvenient for everyone and the hotel rates are cheap in October.

ROFLOL!

This reminds me back in the 90's when they were rebuilding I25 through
Albuquerque and the I24/I40 interchange.  Things were a mess, and us locals
called the construction zone the orange barrel raceway.  Well, to break the
frustration one of the local radio stations hosted a competition where the
winner won an All Expenses Paid Vacation to Gimon Oklahoma where the orange
barrels are made.  To top things off, a farmer named Joe picked them up at
the regional airport in a tractor, and took them on the 40 minute ride to
their motor lodge hospitality suite.  I believe that the mayor gave them a
key to the city outhouse or something, and they were the guest judge for
the local chilli cooking contest...

I think if we really tried hard we could find a fun and completely
unacceptable locations.  My vote would be Illfeld New Mexico (population
~75), where I served my blacksmithing apprenticeship.  I think the only
public accommodations at all is the RV park 6 miles down the road.  No, we
would likely be pitching tents and hauling water ;-)

  EBo --