If you haven't heard of XML yet, you must be living under a rock!  -
Programming in the .NET Environment
Taken from the fortunes file. I guess I must be living under a rock,
but I don't know what xml is, or pragmatically, what is it for.
Please, understand that I'm not trying to start a flame war in here,
but I'd really appreciate if someone could explain xml to me. I've
read the wikipedia entry but doesn't help me a lot, and for the first
time in my life I saw some xml code today, in a program that I need to
use and, hopefully, understand.
I know this subject isn't plan 9 related, but 9fans is my best
resource for CS questions.

--
Hugo