>  I believe the sheevaplug is out as we have no nand flash driver,
> some people on here use sorkris boards which have IDE interfaces.
> there are also IDE to compact flash adapters which completely remove
> the need for rotating disks.
>
> http://www.soekris.com/
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-22-sheevaplug-dev-kit-us.aspx

$213+$11 for a 233 Mhz machine with marginal 100mbit ethernet,
a funky and difficult bios, poor availibility? i think the world has
passed soekris by.  an atom motherboard + cheep chassis will come
in at about $200.

i believe that http://inferno-kirkwood.googlecode.com/hg/
has some more interesting stuff for those processors.  but then
again, it's not as easy to get as a random atom motherboard.