Hello,

I've been trying to regularly use troff for my writings. Being a
physicist I generally write a lot of math. What I miss quite often are
special math characters like Dirac brackets, in TeX \langle, \rangle
(so far I've replaced them just with < and >; but then I sometimes
need them bigger...), but also others.
I want to ask if somebody tried to add such characters using some
fonts or at least can give some instructions as to what needs to be
done.

If I understand right, troff only needs to know widths of characters,
i.e. /sys/lib/troff/font/devutf/'font_description'. Is that all troff
needs?

Then I need to both somehow see the characters on screen and get them
to the postscript result, i.e. have a real font file for both.
Is there any documentation about how this should be done?
Is there anywhere any documentation about how 'dpost' (tr2post) works?

Thanks
Ruda