On Thu Jan 13 12:34:07 EST 2011, skip.tavakkol...@gmail.com wrote:
> regarding the occasional missing vid/did's it seems that frequently it
> involves adding the did to the right place in the corresponding driver
> and recompiling.  it would be a nice if there was a way to map new
> vid/did's to known driver+did's in plan9.ini.

i know, we could have xml configuration files and ....
wait, you know where to find osx.
or i know, we could have this odd little pseudo database and ...
wait, i'm sure you know where to find windows.  :-)

seriously, there's often more than adding two shorts to a program,
and i thought that one simplifying bit about plan 9 is that recompiling
should be easy.